Website⎮Twitter⎮Facebook⎮Goodreads⎮Amazon⎮Audible⎮GoodReads⎮OverDrive⎮GooglePlay⎮Scribd⎮BooKBub⎮Itunes⎮Barnes and Noble⎮Kobo
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of “The Sullivans”, “The Morrisons” and “The Maverick Billionaires” series.
Having sold more than 7 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 64 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Roberts, JK Rowling, James Patterson and Stephen King). Apple iBooks named her one of their “Bestselling Authors of All Time” (alongside Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts and EL James). And Publishers Weekly named Oak Press, the publishing company she created to publish her own books, the Fastest-Growing Independent Publisher in the US. After signing a groundbreaking 7-figure print-only deal with Harlequin MIRA, Bella’s “The Sullivans” series is being released in paperback in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Known for “sensual, empowered stories enveloped in heady romance” (Publishers Weekly), her books have been Cosmopolitan Magazine “Red Hot Reads” twice and have been translated into ten languages. Winner of the Award of Excellence, The Washington Post called her “One of the top writers in America”; and she has been featured in Entertainment Weekly, NPR, USA Today, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and TIME Magazine. A graduate of Stanford University, she has given keynote speeches at publishing conferences from Copenhagen to Berlin to San Francisco, including a standing-room-only keynote at Book Expo America in New York City.
Bella also writes the New York Times bestselling Four Weddings and a Fiasco series as Lucy Kevin. Her “sweet” contemporary romances also include the new USA Today bestselling Walker Island series written as Lucy Kevin.
If not behind her computer, you can find her reading her favorite authors, hiking, swimming or laughing. Married with two children, Bella splits her time between the Northern California wine country and a 100-year-old log cabin in the Adirondacks.
Q&A with Author Bella Andre
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
- I have worked with Eva Kaminsky for many years, so as soon as I had the book done and edited, I sent it over to her. And then weeks later, like magic, Eva sent me the finished files for my review. Of course they were perfect, just like always! I can never stop smiling while listening to her narration of my love stories. She truly brings them to life!
- How did you select your narrator?
- As soon as I heard Eva Kaminsky, I knew I wanted to work with her. She has narrated more than 35 audiobooks for me and I hope to continue to work with her for many years to come!
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process? Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
- Eva is such a pro that she was able to run with my books without any advice or suggestions from me. It’s one of the many reasons I love working with her – she always does an amazing job, no matter the genre or series.
- Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
- I’m always inspired by the world around me. For the New York Sullivans, I am able to pull from not only my extensive travels throughout New York state, but also my summers living in a log cabin in the Adirondack mountains with my family. I love writing about my favorite places!
- How do you manage to avoid burn-out? What do you do to maintain your enthusiasm for writing?
- I absolutely love to travel, walk, cook and spend time with my friends and family. Shared laughter, fun experiences and seeing new things all help fuel me so that when I open my laptop or notebook to work on a book, I’m ready and raring to go with lots of idea and inspiration.
- How did you celebrate after finishing this novel?
- I went for a swim, made and ate a great dinner, then woke up the next morning and started the next book!
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of writing a stand-alone novel vs. writing a series?
- I’m a big believer in writing books in a series, because as a reader, I absolutely love to follow characters and families through their lives. I write what I love to read!
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- YES! One of my very first books – TAKE ME – came to me, almost in its entirety, in a dream.
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Read a ton and write a ton. And hold focus, even when the noise of the world around you might feel like it’s too loud to concentrate. Writing and reading will always center you and fulfill you.
- What’s next for you?
- I am working on the fourth New York Sullivan book – Harry Sullivan’s love story! I am so excited about this book. I’m pretty sure we’ve all been waiting to see who the sexy academic falls in love with. ☺
- Waffle fries or curly fries?
- GIF with a hard g or soft g?
- Text message or call?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- TV Shows or movies?
- Depends on the show and movie!
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Alice in Wonderland or Robinson Crusoe?
- Being too warm or too cold?
- Neither. I like to be right in the middle. ☺
- Netflix or Hulu?
- Work Hard or Play Hard?
- Passenger or Driver?
- Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?
- Movie at Home or Movie at the Theater?